NBC Alumni Association Constition
Adapted November 22, 2008
Section 1: Name
The name of the association is the Nipawin Bible College Alumni Association.
Section II: Object
- To maintain a mutual alumni interest in the welfare of the Nipawin Bible College.
- To maintain fellowship among all former students;
- To maintain an alive executive to co-ordinate the alumni activity and interest.
Section III: Membership
Membership in the alumni shall be of three kinds:
- Student Members -- consists of graduates of NBC or TRBI and all former students who have completed one semester at the Institute.
- Honorary Members - staff or faculty who have served the school no less than two (2) complete school years;
- Associate Members -- spouses of former students and honorary members.
Section IV: Privileges of Membership
- Voting privileges extended to all members;
- Any alumnus in good standing may hold office on the Executive Committee of the Association.
- Any member of the Alumni Executive can have the freedom to serve on other committees.
- All members of the Association must be prepared to sign the statement of faith of the Institute if called to do so, or forfeit the right of membership.
Section V: Enumeration - Executive Committee
- The officers of the Executive Committee of the Alumni Association shall consist of:
- All candidates for offices must sign the statement of faith of the Institute.
• Vice President
• Staff Advisor
Section VI: Officers and Duties
• Calls and leads all Executive Committee meetings.
• Writes letters to alumni/donors.
• Brings leadership to the carrying out of initiatives planned by the committee.
• Leads the Alumni Weekend U R Us meeting.
• Receives and reads comments collected during the Alumni Weekend, then passes them on to other members.
• Is prepared to update the NBC Executive and NBC Board on alumni activities if asked to do so.
- Vice President
• Contacts committee members to organize date and location of meetings.
• Takes charge of the Executive Committee meetings in the absence of the President. • Writes letters to alumni/donors in the absence of the President.
• Takes minutes during all Executive Committee meetings. Following meetings sends compiled minutes out to other members, either by mail or email.
• Takes minutes at the Alumni Weekend U R Us meeting and when completed, sends them out to the rest of the members.
• Acquires relevant financial information (e.g. status of alumni budget or amount of donations received to date for the Alumni Project) from NBC’s Finance Manager in time for each Executive Committee meeting.
• Gathers information and research (e.g. possible alumni projects)
• Prepares short devotionals to share with committee during each meeting.
• finds speaker for Alumni Weekend
• brings leadership to the Praise & Prayer calendar
• Commits to personal prayer regarding the work and ministry of NBC and encourages other committee members to do the same.
- Staff Liaison
• Is present at all regular Executive Committee meetings
• Keeps the College President informed of all Alumni Association activity.
- Executive Committee
Shall report by mail to all members quarterly.
Section VII: Election
- The tenure of office for each committee position shall be two (2) years. Two members shall be elected every year so that a rotation of experienced officers remain in office at all times. The staff advisor shall be appointed annually by the faculty of the College.
- The two remaining members and staff advisor of the executive committee shall act as nominating committee and shall nominate two or more names to each office.
- Officers may be re-elected for a second term if they allow their names to stand.
- Nominations for the executive can be submitted to the any member of the current executive providing that they have the consent of the nominee and are presented to the executive a full week prior to the annual meeting.
- Election shall take place during the annual U‘RUs meeting.
Section VIII: Amendments
The constitution may be amended, altered, or repealed by a two-thirds majority vote by the alumni association members and approval by the Board of Directors of the College.